Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Late, but for sure. Well today was Thanksgiving day, the day that name should be changed because most people don't even say thanks and are only for eating that turkey that is on the table.

I am thankful for having my family in good health all year, for my health, my pets, my boyfriend, my grades, also thankful for the great things I've learned throughout this year. For another year of veganism, peace of mind, soul and happiness. Thankful for my life, for all the goals I've reached and all the good things God gave me. For the person I've become. Thanks to God, and thanks to veganism<3

Anyways, today was a nice day for me, I loved it. I passed it with my family and my boyfriend, and my pet friends. This was my second thanksgiving being vegan, awesome! haha.

My mom cooked her turkey, sadly [but I know there will be a day that no turkey will be].
She made the rice vegan so me and my boyfriend could eat [with pigeon peas, tofurky kielbasa, vegan scallops, and spices, it was awesome]. I ate that with some mashed potatoes I made with gravy, some macaronis [with vegan mayo, onion, and peppers=wow] a green salad and my tofurky [I made it with carrots, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, and with the orange baste+I added some olive oil, because it tend to dry] I also made pumpkin muffins/cupcakes from the VWAV cookbook and vegan cream cheese frosting from VCTOTW, they were amazing! everyone loved them, they wanted more! lol but there were only 24, so, anyways. Few people also tried the tofurky and were shocked, my mom was one that loved it, and my daddy [who is trying to be vegetarian].

My home is more veganized now, though. When we're going to bake something for us, we make it vegan, we all use Earth Balance instead, my mom use less eggs, less dairy, cook less meat than she used before, my dad buy vegan bread sop I can eat bread. My parents are so good on that stuff with me =) I'm glad to have them, most teens are not supported by their parents.

Well, here are some pics of my tofurky and my cupcakes, before being frosted, and after, looking cute! =)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
All of this was amazing, the tofurky was juicy and tasty!
The cupcakes, wow amazing too!

Let me know everything you would like to know about veganism or recipes or product reviews, or about my Thanksgiving menu! haha!

I hope you had a nice day today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hat Was So Yummy I Love you I Want More lol You Rock and you are the best!

Virginia said...

thanks for checking out my blog! you are lucky to have such a supportive family!!

Holly said...

it all looks delicious :)